The vaccine mandate only works when you enforce it.
Doug Ford released a list of places and events exempt from having to show their vaccine receipts today and this may come as a shock, but Doug’s conservative government isn’t really doing a vaccine mandate at all.
On Tuesday, Ontario’s government laid out a number of scenarios where you don’t actually need proof of vaccination to enter.
- To use the washroom
- To pay for an order
- To access an outdoor area that can only be accessed through an indoor route
- To place or pick up an order, including placing a bet or picking up winnings at a horse track
- To purchase admission
- To make a retail purchase
- For the purposes of health and safety
Weddings and funerals
- A wedding or funeral service, rite or ceremony and you are not attending the associated social gathering or reception that is in a meeting or event space
- Social gathering associated with a funeral service, rite or ceremony that is being held in a business licensed under the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2022
- Between Sept. 22 and Oct. 12, the province says that a negative antigen COVID-19 test – taken no more than 48 hours prior – can be used to gain access to an indoor social gathering associated with a wedding or funeral
Individuals under a certain age
- People under the age of 18 who are entering the indoor premises of a facility used for sports and recreational facilities solely for the purpose of actively participating in an organized sport
- People under 12 will not have to show proof of vaccination
Proof of vaccination is also not required for retail shopping, salons and barbershops, banks, places of worship, essential services, workplaces or patios, and other outdoor spaces.
So here’s what’s happening: Doug’s mandate isn’t really a mandate at all. He gave in to the idea of calling it a vaccine mandate but reserved the right to add in whatever exemptions he wanted and it sure looks like as long as you tell someone you’re going to the bathroom, you can go wherever you want whenever you want which should make the anti-vaxxers with IBS super happy.
These exemptions defeat the entire fucking purpose of the vaccine mandate, and our health care workers and teachers still don’t have to get vaccinated, who gives a fuck, right?
Good thing funeral homes are exempt. No old sick people ever go to funeral homes for visitors or funerals. and good thing Dougie cited the Funeral Act, which doesn’t take precedence over a state of emergency, but whatever.
Good thing people under the age of 18 who aren’t angry at all can go to the YMCA totally unvaccinated for a sweaty game of pick-up basketball where low-cost daycare is happening at the same time.
And thank God he exempted retail shopping, salons and barbershops, banks, places of worship, essential services, workplaces or patios, and other outdoor spaces because that would pretty much numb a vaccine mandate, wouldn’t it?
It’s so incredible that unvaccinated people can keep betting on horses at Woodbine Casino, too. Doug’s friends own it so it’s a small miracle.
The best news? Doug says NO workplace can mandate vaccines for employees so you’ll be getting served dinner by someone who’s unvaccinated, at a fully vaccinated restaurant. Suck on that.
Doug Ford is a lying, selfish bag of shit who STILL doesn’t give a fuck about the people who trusted him with their lives when they elected him and this wide-reaching list of exemptions says so.
Same for all the kids at Oak Ridge Public School who had an unvaccinated teacher’s assistant infected 5 classrooms today because teachers teaching your kids don’t need to be vaccinated because Doug is a dumb fuck.
BREAKING: An anti-vax @dsbn educational assistant has infected FIVE classrooms with COVID19 at Oakridge Public School.
— Rob Gill (@vote4robgill) September 17, 2021
BINGO. We’ve always been on our own. Doug Ford has managed this according to what’s in HIS best interest the entire time. From not making vaccines mandatory for doctors and teachers to inserting exemptions into a vaccine mandate so his anti-vax daughters and business interests are satisfied.
He’s also chasing the alt-right vote and cares more about maintaining his sphere of influence and power to help his wealthy supporters who benefit from having that duplicitous asswipe in office.
Have a great weekend!