In 1980, Canada was introduced to one of its greatest Canadians when Terry Fox set out on his Marathon of Hope run across Canada to raise money and awareness for cancer research.
After 143 days and over 5,000 kilometers (all on one leg), the journey abruptly ended when Terry’s cancer returned. Terry was forced to return to his home in British Columbia, Canada, and sadly was never able to complete the journey.
Since then, the story has been told in countless movies, books, articles, and documentaries around the globe. Every year, people pay tribute to his legacy through the annual Terry Fox Run.
Bill Vigars was with Terry Fox on the Marathon of Hope and joins me this week to discuss his time with Terry – just in time for the 40th Anniversary of the Marathon of Hope! LISTEN HERE
We also discuss:
- The two movies about Terry’s life
- The many documentaries about Terry, including the Steve Nash 30/30 “Into the WInd” for ESPN
- The launch of the new book, “Forever Terry” available now
- What was it like to have Robert Duvall play Bill in the Movie?
- What happened to Bill after that time?
- The Legacy of Terry, and so much more!
For more information on how to get involved: