Hey you, lucky kids. Ontario’s stay at home order starts tomorrow so we thought it important to give you a few details before you head out to hoard groceries today.
The stay at home order goes into effect at 12:01 am tonight. FYI.
The order goes with the State of Emergency announced yesterday, and you have to stay home unless you need food, or medical attention or you’re an essential worker. How they plan on policing that is anyone’s guess. Will by-law officers have the ability to pull me over and give me a ticket if they think I’m not getting groceries?
Ford is giving us the legal ins an outs today so we’ll pass those on when we can but I don’t see how we’re going to ticket our way out of this.
CTV: Stay-at-home order
- Residents must remain at home at all times, with exceptions for essential purposes, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services, for exercise or for essential work.
- Businesses across the province must ensure that any employee who can work from home, does work from home.
Outdoor gatherings limited
- The size of outdoor social gatherings has been slashed from 10 people to five people, with limited exceptions.
- The government says the limits, which resemble those imposed in the spring of 2020, will allow individuals and families to enjoy time outdoors safely.
School closures extended in COVID-19 hot spots
- In-person learning will not return until Feb. 11 for Toronto, York Region, Hamilton, Windsor-Essex and Peel Region.
- Elementary and Secondary schools in the southern part of the province (south of Sudbury) were slated to remain closed until Jan. 25, which is two weeks later than the original reopening date.
- In-person learning resumed in northern Ontario for elementary students on Jan. 11.
New guidance on mask use
- It is now being recommended that individuals wear a face covering or mask when they are outdoors and cannot physically distance from others.
- Individuals are still required to wear a mask or face covering in the indoor areas of businesses or organizations.
Retail hours slashed
- Non-essential stores must open no earlier than 7 a.m. and close no later than 8 p.m., including hardware stores, alcohol retailers, and those offering curbside pickup or delivery.
- Those restrictions do not apply to stores that primarily sell food, pharmacies, gas stations, convenience stores and restaurants for takeout and deliver.
- construction will be limited.
- Schools in Toronto, Peel, Hamilton, York, and Windsor all go back to school feb 10, when the stay at home order is scheduled to end
So if curb side delivery is still a thing, is this REALLY a stay at home order?? We can still gather with 5 people outside, anytime we want?
Lots of questions about what the stay at home order means and how we all abide by new rules that don’t make any sense, but I’m staying home anyway and so should you. If we do that, we really don’t need to have to worry about lists, do we. Plus we’ll be safe if we’re not going out into that dirty world.
Our infection rate is 7.8 percent according to yesterdays tests and up 900 positive infections week over week. Both trends are bad.
5:30AM ‘mama it’s the last day at home? We go to school tomorrow?’ After a pause .. my reply: ‘no buddy, not yet, we’ll have lots more snuggles at home first.’ #StayAtHome
— Caryn Lieberman (@caryn_lieberman) January 13, 2021
You just have to stay home for 28 days and we will have bent the curve to the point where we get a few comforts and freedoms back all the while we’re getting vaccinated (hopefully). It’s a huge win/win so take it easy on yourself, right now.
My kids haven’t had a bedtime in 10 months and eat ramen for breakfast at 3 pm when they don’t have school. Some call that ‘bad parenting’. I call it ‘mental health ‘compromise’ and I’ll keep compromising until life gets back to normal.
This is very real and lots of people are going to die. If you’re young and don’t care if you get it, try to like yourself more. If you’re a Trumper, he’s about to get removed from office for lying to you about everything, including how bad the virus is. That dumb fuck was busy organizing an insurrection and hasn’t mentioned COVID19 since Dec 8th, publicly.
Trump’s lies and overall disinterest allowed some people to piggy back the narrative to some personal freedoms that have come at a fucking huge cost.
So do something for yourself instead of feeling like it’s never ending. It’ll end. The pandemic has been long AF, but it will end.
Find a bright side.
I’m currently in the process of making a split pea and ham soup. That doesn’t happen if we’re not in a pandemic. Trust me.